Friday, January 8, 2010

Blueberries for Sal by Robert McCloskey

Read on to find out how I put together a book pack for one of my very favorite books of all time. We had an extra copy of this on our bookshelves which is now prepared to be gifted to another family. I hope they will love it as much as I do!!



Blueberries for Sal is one of my absolute favorite books ever. I have vivid memories of my parents reading this book to me when I was little and I have read it to my boys many times. When I started this project I was thrilled to find an extra copy on my son's bookshelf. So this copy quickly became available for randomly gifting to the world. In the bag with the book I have placed a blueberry counting activity from Homeschoolshare. If you are interested in more Homeschoolshare activities to go with this book, click here. And here are some more great activity ideas from Wondersome Storytime.
Below you can see the blueberry math mat, number cards and blueberry cards from Homeschoolshare. What fun!!

2 comments:

  1. Love this! We are going to have to jump in and do this as well! Great book, great activity...I'll email ya when I finally get my act together!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Another great activity. Thanks for sharing them all!

    Can't wait to hear when you hear back from a drop! How exciting.

    ReplyDelete