Saturday, January 9, 2010

Two Little Trains by Margaret Wise Brown

This book, written by Margaret Wise Brown (author of Goodnight Moon), is a rhythmic tale which juxtaposes the journeys of a real train and a toy train. It's very fun to read out loud.




This book would be wonderful for a little train-loving child to find. I can only hope that happens. However, the text of this book has lots of rhythm and repetition which would make it a fun read for anyone. In the bag with this book I have included a circus train counting activity from Homeschoolshare. Click here for lots more train resources from Homeschoolshare.

Below you can see the book with a few of the circus train counting cards from Homeschoolshare. The train cars from the link have numerals and sets for 1-10 although my photo only shows 1-3.




3 comments:

  1. I will have to track down this book. Thanks for sharing. I don't know how you have the time to put together all these wonderful activities. Do you have a laminator at home?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your new blog. The linked activities are wonderful. Thanks for all your hard work that you are sharing with all of us.

    ReplyDelete